Creation of a rubric

In the classes, students created a rubric for Practice II.

1. Preparation
Prior to the classes, I thought about appropriate approaches to create a rubric for students.  If I asked the students to create a rubric from beginning, it would be time-consuming. I presumably need more explanation to create.  I expect that they spend one session (90 min) in creating the rubric for the Practice.  So I think I would better to show logic model firstly as shown in the following figure.


Then I construct the rubric from the logic model. The rubric is actually matrix. Items in X axis (horizontal axis) are degrees of achievements. Y axis also drives from elements, which are decomposed from the logic model. During the class, I will explain the logic model, X and Y axis in the rubric respectively. I constructed incomplete one. Partially, in short, I fill in the matrix in the rubric. I anticipate what kinds of difficulties they have. I think, this can be an effective and efficient way to complete the rubric. 

2. Activities during classes
I also made two groups, Group A and B, in the class in order to work smoothly.  There are 6 items to complete the rubric. Students discuss 3 rows, i.e. presentation . communication and analysis, from the result of decomposing outcomes in rubrics.  I show some components for reference. I also told that elements from outcomes can be Level 4 in rubrics. The following figure is an example.



3. The result
The students, undergraduate 3rd-year students, completed the rubric. But they needed more time than I expected before the classes. If I had created and explained the rubric, they would not have recognise goal setting. At the end of the class in July students can make self-assessment.



Popular posts from this blog

国際会議と論文(メモ)

UX Kansai「よいサービス・製品のための、UXデザインの考え方」、ラーニングバー & UX Kansai セミナー

Google Scholarを使った文献調査(英語)